– 2008 US Domestic Coach of the Year
– 2013 US Snowboard Program of the Year
– Founder of Shred Excel, 2014-2015
– Snowboard Program Director at Ski & Snowboard Club Vail, CO 2001-2014
– Snowboard Coach at Perisher Blue Resort, New South Wales, Australia, 1997
– Coaches educator
– Kaitlyn Farrington: Gold-Olympic Medal Sochi 2014
– Ayumu Hirano: Silver-Olympic Medal Sochi 2014
– JJ Thomas: Dew Cup Champion 2010
– Level 100 Certification Judging
– 4 Olympians
– 8 athletes named to US Team
– Half Pipe Coach Australia Olympic Team 2014
– 4 X games medals
– 3 Dew Cup Champions
– AASI Trainers Accreditation
– Level 300 Snowboard Coach and Examiner
– Member US Coaches Education Committee and Co – Author of USASA/ USSA Coaches Manual.
– Associate Diploma in Hospitality Management
– Advanced Diploma Marketing Management.
Ben Boyd was born and raised on the northern beaches in Sydney, Australia. He is a proud father of his twins, Charlotte and Oliver.
Ben has been involved in coaching since he was 13 years old, where he started as a tennis coach working with 6 – 9 year olds. He has coached tennis, rugby, cricket, golf and surfing over his career, and has been a passionate athlete, being a competitive tennis and rugby player, and competing in his passion of surfing from a young age.
Ben started coaching and teaching snowboarding in 1997 in New South Wales, Australia at Perisher Blue resort. He instantly fell in love with the snowboard lifestyle, and sharing that passion with his clients and riders.
Ben came to Vail, Colorado in 1999 as an instructor. Here he not only worked with a high end clientele base, but also as an instructor trainer. In 2000, he started working for the Vail Development Team as head snowboard coach, taking 13 weekend riders to the USASA Nationals and walking away with 4 medals.
In 2001, Ben was approached to design and implement a snowboard program with alpine juggernaut Ski Club Vail. In its first year of operation, the program had 30 athletes, 15 qualifying for USASA Nationals and taking home a swag of medals.
The program went from strength to strength, producing athletes that represented the US at FIS World Juniors, World Cups and X Games in half pipe, boarder cross and slopestyle.
Ben has been blessed to work with Olympic medalists, X Games medalists, World Cup medalists, National champions, Dew Tour winners and US Grand Prix winners.